Chicken Masala Recipe
Chicken Masala is a traditional Indian dish. Besides a few strange looking ingredient names, this simple recipe is easy to make. Mastering the Indian cooking style does take some practice but it does produce a spicy, delicious and healthy meal. “How-To” video included.
- Boneless Chicken Breast (Boiled & cut into chunks)
- Sunflower Seed Oil
- Chana Dal
- Urad Dal
- Whole Mustard Seeds (Black)
- Red Onion (chopped)
- Bell Pepper (chopped – any color)
- Indian Green Chilis (Jalapeño can be substituted)
- Tomatoes (diced)
- Sea Salt (unbleached)
- Mushrooms (see disclaimer)
Chicken Masala Video Disclaimer
The video actually shows two varieties. One with mushrooms and one without mushrooms. Very few authentic Indian recipes include mushrooms. However, being the Head Cook in my kitchen does have its’ privileges.